For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

10.05.2011

New L&G Item: Rise Over Run Stool

Our newest item, Rise Over Run hanging step stool we recently debut at the IDSwest show in Vancouver!
The idea to make this item came from the need that I (Jean) couldn't reach all the high and tall places...especially in our new kitchen with a floor-to-ceiling-pantry unit!...ooh la la! SO much storage!
And me being a storage maniac that I am, trying to reach to all the empty places to store things made me feel like a crazy 5 year old doing some risky business just to get to a cookie jar...and we all know how that usually ends...broken cookie jars, broken bones...or worst..a broken heart...


So to prevent me from pulling off some silly stunts just to reach the places I need, we came up with Rise Over Run!
This was inspired by the basic construction and elements of stairs in a home. We broke it down and turned it into a mini 3-step folding stool to then be transformed from the functional piece into an elemental abstract shape which can be displayed on the wall.

So the story ends with Jean being able to reach all the high places she needs to, no breaking anything, and a piece that we can appreciate on our wall.  Hurray!


And check THIS quick fun thing I did... gif power! Yeah!
My very first attempt at making a gif animation... oh boy! This is totally SO mundane that it's making some sort of ironic statement?
NO? not convinced?....ok. yeah, me neither...
Just wanted an excuse to make a quick amateur gif clip!

In any case, Rise Over Run will be available online soon! We promise!

No comments: