For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

1.30.2009

LABOURious

T.G.I.F! And what another great day to watch more inspiring videos and take off work early!
Here are couple of playful & captivating videos by Labour.
They're an amazing Brooklyn based multimedia studio founded by couple of RISD guys (Ryan Dunn and Wyeth Hansen). There's also an interview with Labour via Designing Minds where you can see lots of other interviews with talented artist and designers...Another good interview is with Julia Rothman. They're mostly people who graduated from RISD, Cranbrook, Art Center....Ugh!!! I loath people from from all those schools!! ...But only because I wished I was able to go there. (-_-) sigh...
I suppose it's not too late. Maybe with the whole economic downturn those art schools might start lowering their tuition....perhaps a liquidation sale of 50% off for masters program or something....I'd buy that.

3 comments:

hine said...

Wow.... those videos are REALLY REALLY great!

Chika said...

Ouch! That's some strong language -I thought you saved loathe for the likes of Palin. BTW - boo hoo for your whole class going to Italy for a semester!

Jean said...

I must clarify for the misunderstanding of my feelings towards RISD's.
Expressing my anger in this particular context is my way of showing how much I actually admire those basdards. (basdards in this context means, that I think they're smart and talented people)I have an unusal way of expressing my thoughts....so instead of the standard 5 stars "I love it!"system...I go by the 5 pissed off faces "gawd!that's disgusting!" system. :)
(smiley face in this context actually means that I'm smiling so you don' think that I'm an angry person all the time)