For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

9.23.2011

Block Party

 
I know I really should be banned from going to anymore estate sales...and you can see why! I somehow came back with a whole box of these vintage building blocks with amazing colors & shapes. 
Why? you ask?...I say, more like why NOT?! 

Wooden blocks is probably one of my favorite things. 
It's simple, versatile,  and is an amazing medium that allows anyone at any age to create something physical in the most basic way. 
Even now as an adult playing with the blocks, I find that they're extremely useful for our design process as we can play with it to quickly create mini models,  explore forms, structures, and compositions. 
It's just amazing how entertaining they are for the fact that they're just bunch of pieces of wood....yes, I'm very easily entertained.

Although, I have yet come up with specific ideas on what to make with them...
Something will come of this I'm sure...but until then I'm just gonna have a party playing with these building blocks!

No comments: