For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

3.30.2009

Senior Appreciation Day On My Birthday

Today is my 27th birthday! Happy birthday to all the March 30th people out there!! I found out that I have the same birthday as Vincent Van Gogh! COOL!! (don't mind him, he's just a little pissed that he didn't get his ice cream cake this year) But besides him...I also have the same birthday as um... MC Hammer, okay...not Van Gogh, but still pretty cool.... He knows how to bring the party......oh, and there's Celin Dion...eeeeh, and Ian Ziering (the guy that nobody cared for from original 90210) Ah man! my cool level just totally tanked!
Anyways, it's not about them..it's about ME!.....and yeeeeees, I'm OFFICIALLY in my late twenties and am actually looking forward to the whole getting old thing! Woo Hoo!
I got super excited when I found this great blog, Advanced Style, with photos of beautifully aged "superior" people on the street. There's a great mix of styles from really sophisticated suits to funky but fabulous outfits.
Seeing all the photos of them got me really inspired, since they all express such true grace, pride, and beauty. Just look at their cool gray silvery hair, their impeccable style & color pallets, and the perfect accessories whether it be a cashmere scarves, a handkerchief, a hat, a leather case or shades...yeah...they're pretty stylin'.....All I can say is that I got a lot of work ahead of me to ever achieve that level of coolness....It does make me wonder though... "what kind of grandma or grandpa will Dylan & I gonna look and act like when we turn 60 or 70?" ...Thought bubble....I think I would probably be one of those grandmas who swears at all the cars when driving but while I'm the one who drives like a maniac...and Dylan would be the grandpa that would stop and watch some construction work or yell "get off our property!" when no one is actually around and grumble a lot.....oh wait, never mind, I think we already do that now....
But of course, we'd both still be rummaging for cool objects together. I don't think that will ever change. :D
Whatever type of old people we become, I hope we are as cool as them....
I also need to some of these fabulous frames. NOW!
What kind of grandma or grandpa will YOU become when you turn 60 or 70?

5 comments:

Wooly Bison said...

You're not that old yet! But....Happy Birthday!!! How's about a visit on Friday?

-ingrid

Anonymous said...

You better start having babies if you want to be a grandma/pa by 60!

Jean said...

oh yeah...didn't think about that...i guess i need to get on that baby biz. but then I might become one of those mean grandmas that threatens kids by telling them they'll get locked up in a cage if they ever break anything.....

lucitebox said...

Thank you -- a thousand times--for pointing me to this site. I absolutely love the street style of the wizened set, so much so, that I had to redirect to you and to Advanced Style on my blog.

House of Milk said...

happy (belated) birthday! this was such a cute post, i was grinning ear to ear the entire time. thanks for sharing advanced style, it's such a great blog!