For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

6.17.2008

The Wonder of Pant Hangers

I came across Poppytalk's blog entry about using pant hangers to hang prints and how it was in the summer issue of O at Home Magazine! I thought it was kinda funny since I started using pant hangers years ago just as a budget solution to hang my collection of prints. Little did I know that even Oprah thinks it's a good idea!! I feel so special...I mean, it's OOOH-PRAH we're talking about!
The way they photographed the hangers with charming old photographs was definitely more sophisticated looking than my jumbled arrangement. I love pant hangers myself and think that they are elegant, well-designed utilitarian objects. I have a whole collection of vintage hangers in all different sizes, materials and forms.
But I was super psyched to also see that Jan from Poppytalk blog wrote a nice entry about my display!! So awesome!! Thanks Jan!!
Dylan and I built this grid on a project day because our landlord is strict about what we do to the old 1905 lathe&plaster walls in our apartment. So we came up with this simple grid for us to change things up easily.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

would love to know who did the pieces on your display.
colleen

Anonymous said...

brilliant! gorgeous display.

Jean said...

go to this link with notes of the artists who made the prints.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladiesandgentlemenhome/2309181109/in/photostream/

Anonymous said...

um, that looks amazing. you are quite the dynamic duo over there...

Jan Halvarson said...

and now it's on apartment therapy! (chicago)

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/chicago/slinks/a-display-idea-dance-party-funky-prints-pretty-photosseen-noted-and-found-interesting-slinks-for-060908-053871#comments

Soleil said...

how did you make that grid? i definitely think i could use one of those in my tiny office!

happytape! said...

i found you through poppytalk and i love the display!!

nice-etc.com / caitlin said...

great idea to bring inside! i made a grid just like this for my renegade booth last fall..so far it's the best solution i've had for displaying and packing up. -caitlin

mermer said...

love the display!! and all the prints too! and the couch! :)

TIG said...

This display is just beautiful, and one of the best ideas I've seen in ages!

Liz Stanley said...

this is really beautiful space. planning on blogging about it. what a gallery wall!

Anonymous said...

where is the sofa from?

Jean said...

It's an old Knoll couch from a public library and we had it reupholstered with Maharam fabric. Unfortunately, I don't know the model of the couch!

April said...

Your display is amazing. Good job! I'm moving into a new house in August and I'm not sure how hanging things is going to go. This is a good back up plan!